Saturday, January 10, 2009

Orlando...1

I am still mourning the loss of warm weather, mickey mouse, and partying with family and friends. Maybe that is why it has taken me so long to post a blog about our trip. Yes- that is my excuse....

Our trip to Orlando was amazing. I was obviously a bit apprehensive about how it would all work with our little man, but was happily surprised by what a good job he did, mainly with his sleeping. Caelan slept on the plane both ways and had no problems sleeping in the hotel room. Am I saying that I want to share a hotel room with him again any time soon? Absolutely not. He is one noisy sleeper, but he did well. Don't you think?

The first full day in Orlando we went to Animal Kingdom. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. Going to a park with a baby is quite different than going as a single person with friends. Nonetheless- it was still fun, just different. We took Caelan on the safari, walked on several trails, took a train ride, and I even convinced my dad to to on the everest roller coaster with me. On a side note, there's nothing like a roller coaster to make you realize you aren't as young as you used to be. When I was younger, I could ride the Rebel Yell forward and backwards as often and frequent as I wanted to. As soon as the Everest started going backwards, I wasn't feeling like my perky, non-vomiting self. No- I didn't throw up, but I did give my extra fast pass away afterwards....

Here are some of the many things we saw in Animal Kingdom...



This was one grumpy gorilla...


Caelan saw his first elephant and flamingos, then pretty much ignored the rest...


Tigger was his favorite character...it makes sense though...he's orange and likes to bounce- just like Caelan!

1 comment:

Ellie and Charlie Durham said...

Wow! I wanna go!!! Those pictures are amazing!